27-29 May 2019
Lisbon Congress Center, Portugal - Room 1.05

Biobridges and BIOVOICES MML workshop at EUBCE2019

Workshop's title "agricultural and forestry biomass as innovation boost for small scale farms" - 29 May 2019 from 10:15 to 12:15 - Room 1.05

Portugal covers an area of 89 089 km² of which 81% is rural. Of the total area, 47% is agricultural land while forests cover 39%.
Portuguese agriculture is very diverse due to different soil, climate and landscape characteristics; 91% of the farms are considered as small-scale structures in comparison with the remaining 9% characterised by average and large farms.
Consequently, one of the key challenges for the current period of the EU Framework Programme is to improve the competitiveness of small farms, by promoting better cooperation and concentration, including engaging producer organisations, while at the same time continuing to support the needed generation renewal.

In this context agricultural and forestry biomass can be for Portugal a key enabling factor for introducing small farms as an important actor of sustainable circular value chains.

But how to do that?

Biobridges and BIOVOICES projects boast wide experience in approaches based in co-creation initiatives, which are essential to capture the social needs and aspirations on the ground, unlocking the bioeconomic potential of agroforestry and boosting rural growth.

A direct involvement of bioeconomy stakeholders will allow them to be informed, to access and to fully utilise the advances in research and development, and benefit from them. For instance, ensuring that rural businesses of all types and sizes have access to appropriate technology and new management tools can contribute to deliver economic, social and environmental benefits.

This calls first for the ENGAGEMENT and second for the COOPERATION of a broad range of actors, ranging from biomass producers and bio-based industries to policy makers and consumers.
Biobridges and BIOVOICES are exactly aiming at engaging key stakeholders for tackling these two fundamental and interrelated phases.


At EUBCE 2019 on the 29 of May from 10:15 to 12:15, Biobridges and BIOVOICES will be running a Mobilisation and Mutual learning workshop with interactive sessions with the audience (through Mentimeter) addressgin the topic "agricultural and forestry biomass as innovation boost for small scale farms", aiming to:

Register to the Mobility and Mutual Learning workshop HERE.

During all 4 days you can also find us in the exhibition area,
pay us a visit at BOOTH 32 and share with us your thoughts and ideas about the bioeconomy in Europe.

The information you will send will be stored and processed through email only for the purpose of newsletter subscription. The data you will submit will be used by Biobridges and other EU funded projects relevant to Biobridges. Biobridges will treat your personal information with all the confidentiality and security in accordance with the established in the data protection regulations. You may withdraw your consent to use the data at any time. To do this, you should contact our customer support service at the following e-mail address: info@biobridges-project.eu.

Please, confirm your email.

Thank you!

Cookies Definitions

Biobridges Project may use cookies to memorise the data you use when logging to Biobridges website, gather statistics to optimise the functionality of the website and to carry out marketing campaigns based on your interests.

They allow you to browse the website and use its applications as well as to access secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the services you have requested cannot be provided.
These cookies are necessary to allow the main functionality of the website and they are activated automatically when you enter this website. They store user preferences for site usage so that you do not need to reconfigure the site each time you visit it.
These cookies direct advertising according to the interests of each user so as to direct advertising campaigns, taking into account the tastes of users, and they also limit the number of times you see the ad, helping to measure the effectiveness of advertising and the success of the website organisation.

Required Cookies The cookies allow to customize the commercial offers that are presented to you, considering your interests. They can be our own or third party cookies. Please, be advised that, even if you do not accept these cookies, you will receive commercial offers, but do not match your preferences.

Functional Cookies The cookies offer you a more complete and personalised experience, allowing to safe preferences, showing you relevant content to your liking and send you alerts you have requested.

Advertising Cookies These cookies offer the possibility to connect to social media and share content from our website.